Friday, March 28, 2014

Five On Friday {link up}

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

Today I'm linking up for "Five On Friday" and sharing five random things with you all!

{One}
I am in a clothing rut. Most of my maternity items are for summer (since that is when I've been pregnant and showing in the past), and this cool weather keeps on lingering. I've been stretching my normal wardrobe just about as much as I can in an attempt to not have to purchase maternity clothes for these last few weeks before I can bust out my warm weather stash, and I don't think I'm going to make it. After an unfortunate incident at lunch today (think shirt riding wayyyy up, pants unbuttoned, bra poking out of the top), I have come to the conclusion that some "in the meantime" maternity shopping will be on my agenda this weekend. 
I plan on keeping it basic and simple. I'm tired. T-shirts it is.


{Two}
I'm working on our meal planning this afternoon. I typically knock out our weekly grocery shopping either every Friday evening or the following Saturday morning. We have been eating a ton of grilled food lately. Grilled food reminds me of summer and I'll do pretty much anything to trick myself into feeling like it is summer time. My "go to" grilled side is corn on the cob. I load the corn down with butter (literally, I cover it completely), salt, and pepper. Then I wrap each piece in tin foil and place it on the grill. Super easy and absolutely delicious. Is your mouth watering? Mine is.
{photo credit Southern Living, 2006}

{Three}
One of my "must purchase asap" items for baby # 3 is a personalized baby beanie from Jennifer Ann. I can't wait to see baby boy's name on a sweet little hat. Perfect for coming home from the hospital. 
{via}

{Four}
If it isn't completely obvious yet, I am ready for spring (or better yet, summer). The kids have been cooped up in the house all winter and we are all a little stir crazy as a result. I cannot wait for the days of opening the back door and spending the majority of our time enjoying the sunshine. I try to have fun outdoor options for them during the summer and one of those is always a small pool to cool off in. I've started browsing Amazon for what we will get this year. So far, I have my eye on this Intex Paradise Seaside Pool. Small, inexpensive, nothing fancy but certainly will get the job done. I want to add a water table to the mix too this year. If anyone has any recommendations, please share!
{via amazon}


{Five}
I need to switch out some of the floral arrangements in our home, and add to the areas that are currently lacking any. I've had tulips on my mind this year. Tulips tulips tulips. I love fresh flowers but since I have asthma and awful seasonal allergies faux will have to do! I'm hoping to get to Hobby Lobby this week and scope out what they have. 

{via}



And that concludes my "Five On Friday"! Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment