Monday, April 14, 2014

Easy Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe

It is no secret how much I love cookies. The problem is my love for baking and my lack of skills in that department don't exactly go together. I attempt recipes constantly and I'd say that only about 50 percent of them come out tasting as I had hoped. When I found this recipe on Pinterest it sounded simple enough and so I thought I'd give it a whirl! I had all of the ingredients in my pantry so I was ready to go in a matter of minutes. 

Ingredients you will need:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:
{I used my kitchen aid mixer for the process, such an awesome tool for baking}

- Beat together the butter and peanut butter until well blended. 
- Add in sugars and beat until fluffy. 
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. 
-Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix  until blended. 
- Roll balls of dough in white sugar before placing on an ungreased baking sheet. 
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes.  (watch carefully, oven time varies, my cookies took right at 12 minutes)
- Cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, and then transfer to wire baking racks until completely cooled.

Enjoy your tasty cookies!

These cookies were so so simple, and tasted great! I hope you'll give them a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment